Saturday, June 15, 2013

Forget labels! DIY: Deodorant, toothpaste, and…. hairspray?






Okay, the hairspray I'm not proud of. I mean honestly, I'm not even a fan of the hairspray. But I have known other people to think it's the greatest thing in the world. So, what do you do? You try it post it anyway and hope nobody will blame you for negative results. 

The rest is all good. The rest I am definitely more than proud of.  Have fun with the rest!



Natural Toothpaste
2/3 ounces of baking soda
Pure peppermint extract
3-4 tablespoons of sea salt



Combine all. Put in a jar. Use daily. That’s it! Or use these cool squeeze tubes to make reusable toothpaste tubes.

Deodorant
Coconut Oil
Cornstarch
Baking Soda
Essential Oil (Lavender, Tea Tree Oil, Lemon Oil, Peppermint Oil, Any anti-fungal/anti-bacterial oil)


Mix cornstarch and baking soda half and half. Add a few drops of the coconut oil until desired texture. Add a few drops of your chosen essential oil. Store. Done.

Hairspray
I don’t like this recipe but I will give it to you anyway. But only because so many others love it! The reason I don’t like it is because it turns my hair into solid rock. You can have a shiny glow and great looking hair, but if you’re expecting some hot romancing I would recommend… well, don’t let anyone touch your hair. I would say it’s the same as boiling a can of soda and using it for hair spray. I have never tried that but I’m assuming. The lemon juice I’m assuming is at risk for lightening your hair so use carefully. I consider it good for emergencies.

3 cups of water
5 tablespoons of sugar
tablespoon of lemon juice
Boil all ingredients. Allow to cool. Pour in spray bottle. Spend life trying to use it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment