Thursday, June 20, 2013

Question of the Week: How do I get tomato sauce out of my......?!?!?!?!?!!?!!

Photo Credit; Thank you: Daniel Mroz



OH, I love whipping up a nice lasagna. Or spaghetti sauce with homemade meatballs. Mostly the lasagna. And I love pizza. And I loved the cute expression on my angelic baby's faces when they had the cute bowl tipped upside down over their head for pictures. (This angel in this post is not one of my angels. But she is adorable isn't she?)

I did not like having tomato stained covered clothes from what once was delicious ravioli.  Cute though. Very cute indeed, child.  And with the cost of baby clothes and all, nobody wants to have to throw them out. And I'm sorry, I'm very sorry. But bibs don't do a very good job sometimes.

So, here we go to talk about how to get out that tomato stain. 

You will need:

Cornstarch paste made from cornstarch and water
Lemon juice OR any oil-solvent stain remover (cough, cough, Shout!) 
A cloth that you don't like very much
A sink
A washing machine

Ready...?

Okay, let's go.

1. Before removing the color from the fabric, the oil must first be absorbed. So, using a cloth, rub the stain (both front and back) with none other than....! The cornstarch paste!

2. Leave on for a few minutes. It won't take forever.

3. Thoroughly rinse the cornstarch paste from the fabric.

4. Now, it's time to remove the color from the fabric. Using a drop of lemon juice or your stain remover of choice, leave on for fifteen minutes. 


5. Wash as usual.

That should get it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment